Sayersbrook Ranch History
SayersBrook Ranch was founded in 1928 when Frank Sayers acquired the original spread of 600 acres with the goal of creating an apple orchard. It was named by Jenny Sayers, Skip's grandmother, after a spring branch that flows through the sprawling ranch.
During the 1940's Herb and "T" Sayers, Skip's parents, sustained the apples and "T" became a cattle baroness adding to the acreage another 600 acres.
During the 1970's Skip & Connie began raising bison and they joke that 1976 was their "Bison"-Tennial. Their desire to raise bison began after reading the Plains Indians lived on bison meat and never contracted cancer, heart disease, or strokes, despite living to be eighty to ninety years old. In fact, scientists speculated that had they had dental care, they would have lived to be one-hundred and thirty-five.
During the 90's the Ranch expanded to over six square miles, 1100 Bison, and evolved into a tour destination, featuring herd tours, sporting clays, fly-fishing, boating, 50 miles of 4-wheel off-road trails, and the home of the American Off Road Training Center. It is endorsed as a 5 star destination by Holland and Holland of London, England.